Booking Terms & Conditions
Your holiday contract
When you make a booking with us, you pledge that you have the authority to agree to the terms set out on these booking conditions, both individually and on behalf of your party. You must be at least 21 years old to make a booking with us.
A binding contract is made with us on the earliest of either:
- You tell us that you would like to accept our written or verbal quotation and you pay us a deposit (see below under “Paying for your booking”) or when you make full payment of the cost of your holiday, if you are booking within 8 weeks of departure or choose to do so at the time of booking;
- We issue you with a booking confirmation that will confirm the details of your booking and will send it to you via email. Please note we accept no liability for any item/arrangement not confirmed by us in writing and sent to you by email.
These Booking Conditions and any agreement to which they apply are governed in all respects by Portuguese law. We both agree that any dispute, claim or other matter which arises between us out of or in connection with your contract or booking, will be dealt with by the Courts of Portugal.
Your holiday price
Included in the accommodation price:
- Rental of the accommodation for the booked period;
- Maid service from 1 time per week;
- Change of towels twice a week (once mid-week and once on the end of one week) and linen once a week (on the end of a week);
- Costs of water, electricity, gas, swimming pool and garden maintenance.
Please note that winter rentals and long term lets may be subject to additional charges and the rates may not include maid service or the cost for the electricity, gas or water supplies.
Not included but available against extra payment:
- Air conditioning (when applicable);
- Central heating (when applicable);
- Pool heating (when applicable);
- Internet access (when applicable);
- Cots (0 - 2 years old);
- High chairs;
- Food pack;
- Airport Transfers (please check our website for the Airport Transfer Rates);
All prices include VAT.
We reserve the right to amend the price of unsold accommodation at any time and to correct errors in the prices of confirmed bookings. Government action such as increases in VAT or any other Government imposed increases will result in surcharges being added to your final holiday cost.
- Further to your booking request we will send you a booking form which you need to fill out with the required information and send it back to us by email;
- Upon receipt of the booking form we will make a provisional reservation on the property for a period of 3 days from the date of booking. The booking will only be valid upon the receipt of the deposit within this 3 day period;
- You are required to inform us of your flight number(s) and arrival time, at least 2 days prior to the arrival day;
- The number of people staying at the villa cannot exceed the amount of people booked and paid for;
- Except if otherwise stated on the accommodation details, the occupancy of the accommodation is from 04:00 pm on arrival day, leaving at 10:00 am on the departure day, so it can be adequately prepared for new arrivals. It can take considerable time to clean a villa on changeover dayand the maid may still be tidying up, should you arrive before 04:00 pm . On your departure day the maid may arrive at your villa as early as 08:00 am. We can arrange for luggage storage in case of early arrivals or late departures, provided you advise us of this requirement beforehand;
- We recommend you acquire time limited travel insurance prior to your departure. We will not be held accountable for missing or stolen objects in and outside the accommodation;
- No pets allowed (except with our express permission);
- Please note that at some Leisure Resorts local charges may apply for some of the Leisure Resort facilities and services. You may also be asked to pay a security deposit at check-in, which will vary in value depending on the Leisure Resort;
- Please note that single sex groups or groups of young adults (aged between 18-21 years), may only be accepted at selected villas;
- All single sex and/or groups of young adults (5 or more people) will be required to pay a security deposit of €150,00 per person, or per the maximum number of beds, whichever is greater. The security deposit will be included on your confirmation invoice and is payable with your holiday balance. This amount will normally be refunded to you within one week of your return date, less any deductions if applicable. Should the Security Deposit prove inadequate to fully cover any costs that arise, then we reserve the right to invoice you for immediate payment;
- Minimum stay 1 week (7 nights).
Accidental Damage Waiver
A non-refundable €24,00 breakage charge will be added to your invoice, covering up to 4 people staying at the accommodation, and for bookings of 5 or more people there will be an additional €6,00 charge per person. This charge, known as Accidental Damage Waiver (ADW), will be added to your confirmation invoice and is payable with your holiday balance. This is to cover accidental damages that may occur in your accommodation during your holiday, up to the value of €300,00 (except some leisure resorts and certain accommodation, where a refundable breakage deposit will be payable locally or prior to arrival). This waiver excludes negligence and vandalism.
Please note that the breakage charge does not cover you for willful and negligent behavior. If the cost of accidental damage exceeds €300,00 or the damage is caused due to negligence or with intent, an additional charge will be made locally.
Paying for your booking
The following payment options are available in order to confirm your booking with us:
- Option A
30% of the total booking price is required to confirm your booking;
The balance payment (70% of the total confirmed booking price) is due 8 weeks prior to your holiday arrival date;
- Option B
50% of the total booking price is required to confirm your booking;
The balance payment (50% of the total confirmed booking price) is due on arrival;
Please note that if you are booking within 8 weeks of the departure date, we will require the full payment of the cost of your holiday.
If we do not receive the balance in full and on time, as set out on this clause, we reserve the right to treat your booking as canceled by you (refer to the “If you cancel your booking” clause).
All payments must be made in Euros.
The accommodation is exclusively reserved for the people named on the booking form and no other persons are permitted to stay at the accommodation unless this has been agreed with us in writing, and the additional charge payment has been made (if applicable). Additional guests will be asked to vacate the accommodation.
You should, on departure, leave the accommodation in a reasonably clean and tidy condition so that we can efficiently prepare it for our next guests. If additional cleaning is necessary, a charge will be made locally or an invoice will be done to you at the resort.
Transfer of bookings
If any member of your party is, for any reason, prevented from traveling, the lead party person may transfer their place to someone else (provided they meet all the conditions applicable to the holiday booked). We require prior notification of these changes no less than 14 days before your holiday arrival date.
If you change your booking
If you wish to change your travel arrangements in any way, once your booking has been confirmed (for example your chosen departure date or accommodation) we will do our utmost to accommodate these changes, however, it may not always be possible. Any requested changes may be subject to additional costs. The exact amount of that cost will be notified to you before you choose to proceed with any changes.
Where we are unable to assist you and you do not wish to proceed with the original booking we will treat this as a cancellation by you. Please refer to the applicable cancellation terms.
If you cancel your booking
You may cancel your travel arrangements at any time, however, we require that a written notification from the lead party person is sent to us by email, fax or post. Our contact details are stated on your booking confirmation.
In case we act as agent to the suppliers (eg. the accommodation providers, car hire companies, the tour operators, etc.) with whom you book, each supplier's terms and conditions will apply to your booking and copies are available upon request.
Since we incur costs in canceling your booking arrangements, please be advised that the cancellation charge will be a percentage of the total invoice as shown below:
- More than 12 weeks of departure date - loss of deposit;
- 84 - 57 days of departure date - 40% of the cost of your holiday;
- 56 - 43 days of departure date - 50% of the cost of your holiday;
- 42 - 22 days of departure date - 75% of the cost of your holiday;
- 21 - 0 days of departure date - 100% of the cost of your holiday;
Please note: If the reason of your cancellation is covered under the terms of your insurance policy, you may be able to reclaim these charges from your insurance company.
If we change or cancel your booking
In the unlikely event that we have to cancel or make any changes to your booking arrangements, we will endeavour to give you as much notice as possible. Occasionally, we may have to make changes, correct errors on our website and other details, both before and after bookings have been confirmed. In the event of minor alterations, we will do our best to notify you before you travel. If a significant change or cancellation has to be made to your holiday arrangements we will notify you as soon as possible.
You may then:
- Accept the changed arrangements;
- Take an alternative holiday subject to availability. If the alternative is of a lower price than that originally booked the difference (if already paid by you) will be refunded. If the alternative is more expensive you will have to pay the difference;
- Cancel your booking entirely, in which case we will refund you all monies paid to us.
Please note: Significant changes include change of resort; change of accommodation to that of a lower category. Please note in our opinion an accommodation change in certain circumstances does not constitute a significant change.
PopularVillas.com does not provide travel insurance. It is strongly recommended that you get travel insurance that covers the whole length of the trip. It is your responsibility to ensure that the insurance cover you purchase for yourself and the members of your group is suitable and adequate for your particular needs. Please make sure you read your policy cover terms and take it with you on holiday.
If you choose to travel without adequate insurance cover, we will not be liable for any accidents or losses howsoever arising, in respect of which insurance cover, would otherwise have been available.
You must advise us at the time of booking of any special requests. Although we will do our best to accommodate our client's requests, we regret that we cannot guarantee they will always be met. Failure to meet any special request will not be a breach of contract on our part.
Disability and medical problems
If you or any member of your party, have a medical condition or disability which may affect your holiday, please advise us beforehand, so that we may check if the booking arrangements are suitable. In any event, you must give us full disability or medical condition details, in writing at the time of booking.
In the event that you or any member of your party behaves in a way that causes distress, annoyance or injury to others, damage to property or does not respect or conform to local laws and customs, we reserve the right to terminate your holiday forthwith. In such an event, we will have no liability or financial responsibility for you, and you will have to meet any costs or expenses incurred as well as face any legal consequences, as a result of your behavior.
Local activities, facilities and excursions
Some facilities, activities and excursions could involve an element of risk. These activities, facilities and excursions are neither run nor controlled by us. If you wish to participate, purchase or make use of any optional activities, the contract for the provision of that activity, facility or excursion will be between you and that provider. Usually these locally paid for activities, facilities and excursions, will be subject to local law and jurisdiction.
The discretion to partake in any such activities, facilities, or excursions is entirely at your own risk. You are responsible for taking sensible precautions for your own safety and for the safety of any children or family members for whom you are responsible. Please liaise with the supplier of the facility, activity or excursion for the Terms and Conditions of your activity, facility or excursion which will govern your contract.
We cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where we are prevented from fulfilling our contractual obligations as a result of force majeure. Force majeure means any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include, but are not limited to, war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, actual or threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events outside our control.
If you have a complaint
In the unlikely event you should have a problem during your holiday, you must notify us immediately, either through our representative or directly to our office, so that we are able to rectify the reported issue. Once we are notified of the problem, we will investigate it immediately and will inform you of the time allowance required to rectify it.
We will not accept any complaints made after your departure, as it deprives us of the opportunity to investigate and rectify them in a timely manner. Failure to report your complaint locally, will affect your rights under this contract.
When we act as an agent, our responsibilities are limited to making your booking in accordance with your instructions. We cannot accept any liability for the accommodation itself, for any information concerning the accommodation which we pass on to you in good faith, for the performance of your contract by the accommodation provider, or for the acts or omissions of the accommodation provider, its employees, agents or suppliers or any other person or party in any way connected with the service.
Claims for compensation will only be considered where it is proven that any reported problem had a prolonged or major impact on the enjoyment of the holiday booked. Our liability in all cases shall be limited to the cost of your travel arrangements.
Whilst reasonable care is taken to ensure that the information contained on our website is accurate, we cannot guarantee its accuracy at all times, as errors and omissions may occur.
Updates to this Terms & Conditions
We reserve the right to update our Terms & Conditions from time to time. The Terms & Conditions’ updates will be posted on this page, with a clear indication of its revision date.
Revision Date: 22.02.2013